ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Please DO NOT APPROVE .XXX

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please DO NOT APPROVE .XXX
  • From: Scott <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:43:04 -0400

 Dear ICANN,

I am writing to voice my opposition to the approval of the .XXX registry application. I currently own and operate about 90 adult .COM domains and as a small business man it would be financially prohibitive for me to purchase .XXX versions of all my domains. If .XXX is approved it will give an unfair business advantage to the largest adult websites, allowing them to potentially grow even larger and eliminating smaller sites that compete. I implore you to please take this into account when deliberating the merits of the application.

I am also concerned that if .XXX is approved local governments will begin to write laws designed to restrict or even ban adult sites. For example zealous legislators could write laws that require any adult entertainment company to purchase the .XXX domain in order to operate legally, and many smaller sites will not be able to afford this, hence they will go out of business.

Please settle this matter once and for all by denying the .XXX registry application.

Thank you for your time.

Scott Allan