ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

I strongly OPPOSE a .XXX TLD!

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I strongly OPPOSE a .XXX TLD!
  • From: Socks Manly <socks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:20:45 -0400

To whom it may concern:

I have been running responsible and legal adult websites for 10 years now. I
strongly OPPOSE any efforts by ICM in their never exhausting push for a .XXX
TLD.

Everyone I have talk to, both competitors and colleagues also OPPOSED to
this TLD. The only people I have seen in support this effort either A> have
something to personally gain or B> have enough money that they believe they
could buy themselves an competitive advantage.

Using the guise of "protecting children" when ICM's cause is obviously
financially and competitively motivated is unconscionable.

This is a bad idea that nobody wants, and an obvious cash grab. Ask
yourself: Who wants to pay $60 for a duplicate of a $8 .com domain they
already own? ICM wants you to pay, that's who.

I also support the following:

I am a member of the .XXX sTLD sponsored community. I do not support ICM's
application for the .XXX sTLD.

I request that ICANN does the following:
1. Verify that companies which ICM has listed in support are viable adult
businesses,
2. Verify that companies listed in support in fact do support ICM’s current
application for a .XXX sTLD,
3. Determine how many pre-registrations claimed by ICM are in fact defensive
registrations,
4. Determine how many pre-registrations are registrars or companies hoping
to re-sell domain names.

Additionally, I also request the following information also be released as
requested in the DIDP from the FSC:
1. The list of the IFFOR Board members;
2. The list of proposed members of the Policy Council;
3. IFFOR’s Business Plan/Financials;
4. Business Plan/Financials Years 1-5 utilizing 125,000 Initial
Registrations;
5. The list of .XXX sTLD pre-registrants who have been identified to ICANN;
6. ICM’s Proof of Sponsorship Community Support as submitted to ICANN.

--
Socks
http://www.adultsitesurfer.com