ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

.XXX

  • To: <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .XXX
  • From: "Christian S. Mann" <cmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:21:43 -0700

The following comment is submitted on behalf of my boss, John Stagliano, the
owner of Evil Angel Productions. Please add it to the comments section
viewable at  http://forum.icann.org/lists/xxx-revised-icm-agreement/ Thank
you.

            .XXX is supposed to be approved, accepted, or whatever, by the
"community" of people already in the adult community. As the owner of Evil
Angel, an adult producer and distributor, and a defender of our right to
exist since 1983, I do not support this. I would support it only if there
were different criteria for the creation of this entity, that would allow
anyone to open a dot porn, or whatever that would compete with .XXX. The
effect now is to create a monopoly for one company in this area. The adult
community has invested in how it is structured now. It is unfair to us all
to add an additional expense to our business without competition for the
services that this new business, .xxx, would provide. If dot XXX, dot porn,
dot sex, or any other competing business were all launched at the same time
this would be closer to fair, and might be acceptable. But it should be in
the bylaws of ICANN that no one can ever be compelled to do business with
any of them. - John Stagliano

Christian S. Mann

Evil Angel Productions

14141 Covello Street