ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Opposed to .XXX

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to .XXX
  • From: Webmaster <Webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:58:21 -0700

I am a member of the professional online adult community and will be affected by this XXX tld that I am opposed to.

I do not view the quantity XXX preregistrations as a sign of support for it because it is unknown how many of those were done by those who are opposed yet had to do so defensively. The claim that it is a sign of support is spin.

The industry already has a means to self identify their adult content through http://rtalabel.org, <http://rtalabel.org/> This is far more economical than .XXX would be.

The XXX would be very expensive. It presents the webmaster with a Hobson's Choice of either paying the fee to defend the domain name under .XXX or face brand dilution if someone else does.

The required *"IFFOR Policies and Best Practices Guidelines" have yet to be developed and their appears to be no means for the adult businesses to participate in their development or who would be on the board that does.*