ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Opposed to .xxx

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to .xxx
  • From: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:24:44 -0700

font-size:10pt;"><div><span style="font-family: Verdana; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
font-size: 10pt;">I am in complete opposition to the .xxx</span>
adult content is about as short sighted as expecting entrance disclaimers to
completely prevent them from viewing it. There is little stopping them from
viewing adult sites if that is their intention. It is the responsibility of the
parents to monitor and protect their children, not the
going to prevent people from getting unexpected adult content? Think about the
people who have sites that force you into viewing adult material, do you think
they care about following laws or regulations? These are the type of people who
will find every way possible to get around the restrictions to show you what
you weren't intentionally looking for. So much for the efffectiveness of the
an assault to our rights and freedoms. Why not make a TLD for every type of
Small Business</div><div>The exorbitant fees for registering and maintaining
xxx domains pushes out small business, especially in the current economic
conditions. Right now we need small businesses to succeed in order to seed a
new positive economy. Small business cannot do that if legislation like the xxx
TLD exists. Do you think it is easier for a small business to own 10 domains if
they cost $1000 to maintain? Having high costs to start a business only
Industry Opposition</div><div>I have yet to meet anyone in the adult industry
who does not opose the xxx TLD. Reservations for xxx domains does not equate
support, it equates webmasters not wanting their domain to get squatted on or
negative effects of the xxx TLD legislation far outweigh any gains from