ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

.XXX TLD

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX TLD
  • From: LD <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 22:38:56 -0400

I would like to present that a .xxx domain name is not what we need on the internet. A .xxx domain is just the first step in moving all adult content to a back alley, only to have future legislation block access to it all together. In addition, the ability to have ALL adult content moved to a .xxx domain is seemingly impossible.

If protecting children is the goal, then perhaps we should have a .kids TLD, or something similar. Adult websites can use filtering in their head to allow software to exclude them from showing up on computers that do not want them, sort of like the V-chip on television.

Please do not allow the .xxx TLD.

Adam