ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Strongly Opposed to .XXX

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Strongly Opposed to .XXX
  • From: "Jamie S" <jamieshu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 09:55:59 -0400

Hello,

I am contacting you to let you know that I am strongly opposed to the
implementation of a .XXX tld. It's always disappointing see that some people
are so eager to turn a  profit under the false guise of "protecting
children". I think segregating internet content via a tld is generally a bad
idea and I see .XXX as having very little to no impact when it comes to
protecting children and/or keeping them away from adult content. My current
ISP already blocks the .tk extension but it took my 12 year old nephew (who
isn't exactly computer savvy) less than five minutes to show me a work
around so that I could access those domains. See the problem?

Please don't open a can of worms that can never be closed. What's next?
.gay? .kkk? .rel? Where do you draw the line and who gets to make the
decisions as to what content belongs on a separate tld and what can reside
on .com's, .net's etc.?  Please do not approve the .XXX tld or any other
tld's that could be used to filter and segregate content. The only people
that stand to benefit from it are the ones that will be lining their
pockets. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best Regards, Jamie