ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

What are you thinking??? .xxx????

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: What are you thinking??? .xxx????
  • From: Eric B <leftturner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 14:35:17 -0700 (PDT)

The proposal to change all Adult sites to .xxx is just
another way for private companies / government to make
money.

It would be a cash cow for the ISP's because they
would obviously charge extra to allow access to these
sites claiming it is for "age verification".

This is nothing but an attempt at censorship.  The
average working man/woman should be the ones keeping a
check on what kids have access to NOT a third party.

If there is such a need to protect kids, add a .kids
and have web sites take the responsibility to
guarantee that their sites are kid friendly.

I don't condone or condemn the adult sites, but I am a
believer of FREEDOM to choose and I am against ANY
censorship.  This would just be another jumping off
point to censor more adult material in the future.
Just like gun control and others, the only people this
would benefit in the end would be the criminals and
sexually deviant.  Go after them instead of trying to
line big business pockets with the working persons
hard earned money.

Eric Bryant