ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Low Number of Comments at this Forum

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Low Number of Comments at this Forum
  • From: Romeo <Romeo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 10:51:47 -0700

I found out about this forum yesterday from this article at XBiz: http://xbiz.com/news_piece.php?id=14817. This article says the low number of postings to this forum may be taken as a sign by ICANN that there is not sufficient opposition among webmasters to the XXX TLD. I suggest the reason for the low number is that this forum has not been in existence long enough for a large number of adult site webmasters to find out about it.

I am totally opposed to the XXX TLD. It is about certainty that were it to pass all adult websites in the USA will be required to move to it whether or not it is constitutional: http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/03/18/0315255. This will create an electronic ghetto easily targeted by lawmakers who want to put adult websites out of business and attempt to do this by enacting laws to make business difficult.

The XXX TLD will make adult sites easily found by minors. I am sure anyone who has ever heard of a minor hiding a copy of Playboy from parents will know where these minors will go should the XXX TLD be enacted.

The XXX TLD is a bad idea promulgated by a registry company wanting to make a bundle off websites whose owners realize there will be one more TLD they must register their domain name at to protect their brand name.