ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Joint bottom-up lists?

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Joint bottom-up lists?
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:51:50 +0100

Yesterday, during the meeting with the NCUC, there has been some discussion
on how we can join efforts to defend users' positions and involve more
"outsiders" in ICANN. A practical proposal I have made is to start
issue-based informal mailing lists - for example, on "privacy in ICANN" -
where specific policy matters could be discussed among those members of the
ALAC and NCUC who are interested in them, plus any external experts and
anyone else who would like to join. If it worked, this would be a good way
to involve more people (who could later bring their orgs to become NCUC
members and/or At Large Structures) and find more volunteers to assist us in
our work.

Does this seem a good idea?
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------