ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] A Public Meeting in Advance of Mar del Plata / was "Opening our meetings"

  • To: "Sunday Folayan" <sfolayan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] A Public Meeting in Advance of Mar del Plata / was "Opening our meetings"
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 2 Mar 2005 20:10:02 -0500

> I once participated in an ALAC conference call, using a VoIP phone. It
> worked, I just had to live with the Satellite lag from here - Nigeria.  I
> am all for giving skype a try. Does anyone know its limit of simultaneous
> conference users?

Five people.  I think it'd make more sense to use a conventional
conference bridge and let Skype callers use their inexpensive Skypeout
service to call the conference bridge.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor