Re: [alac] Planning ahead for Luxembourg
- To: Jean Armour Polly <mom@xxxxxxxxxx>, alac@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [alac] Planning ahead for Luxembourg
- From: Izumi AIZU <aizu@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:32:22 +0900
Right now, there are following possible elements for the meeting:
1) Global ALS meeting - all ALS to meet
- exchange situation/ideas among ALS members globally
2) Regional ALS meeting - to prepare RALO, especially Europe
- more specific discussion for establishing RALOs/outerach
3) ICANN Civil Society meeting - ALAC, NCUC and others (WGIG members)
- how to increase CS participation to ICANN Process
4) WGIG Civil Society meeting (can be merged with 3).
- how to participate/affect WGIG/WSIS process from Civil Society
If all four will happen, a whole day is desirable.
At 12:05 05/04/24 -0400, Jean Armour Polly wrote:
What sort of meetings/programs are we envisioning-- that is to say do we
need a whole day? What about Friday afternoon after the Board meeting?
Just a thought but if ICANN is serious about Civil Society in the first
place the "day" ought to be part of the "regular" week of activities, and
if we think it needs to be on a weekend, that would lead us back to the
previous weekend of the 10th.
At 12:34 AM +0900 4/25/05, Izumi AIZU recently said:
Hi, I came back from Geneva, WGIG, on Thursday.
Just recovered from the jetlag.
This is an interesting question.
I would like to hear from all alac members before
making specific plan, but we need to decide relatively soon.
What do you think?
At 15:46 05/04/20 +0000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
If we plan to have a Civil Society day before or after the core of the
ICANN meeting, considering that Monday 18 will be the presentation of
the WGIG report, and some of the participants will go to Geneva,
wouldn't it make more sense to have this day on Sat. 16 rather than on Sun. 10?
ICANN BoD Liaison
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's