ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Still planning ahead for Luxembourg

  • To: "ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Still planning ahead for Luxembourg
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Apr 2005 10:39:28 -0400

The deadline for buying reasonably priced plane tickets is fast approaching.

I gather that people think it's worth having an extra day of meetings.

Plan A: have them before the main event on Sat 9 Jul, so that we can
prepare stuff to give to the board, GNSO, etc.

Plan B: have them afterward on Sat 16 Jul for the benefit of people who
will be going to Geneva on the 17th.

I lean toward Plan A, since history tells me that there will likely be
last minute outrages that we will want to address coherently, and I would
prefer to have a statement we've agreed to than to have to work from a
draft like we did in MdP.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor