ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] FYI - Twomy speech to WGIG

  • To: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] FYI - Twomy speech to WGIG
  • From: "Vittorio Bertola" <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:54:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Mer, 15 Giugno 2005 21:46, Bret Fausett disse:
>  > ICANN is now offering Board seats to governments.
>
> "Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, no official of a
> national government or a multinational entity established by treaty or
> other agreement between national governments may serve as a Director."
> http://www.icann.org/general/archive-bylaws/bylaws-08apr05.htm#VI-4

Of course, a senior ICANN officer said "it will take some time, since we
will need to edit the Bylaws, but..." :-)

Also, some I* people in the room noted that there has not been apparent
consultation on this, but I don't think that Twomey would make such a
statement in a public and formal occasion without being sure that he can
afford to do so.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...