ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Question on registrar-registry split

  • To: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Question on registrar-registry split
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 14 Nov 2005 14:36:30 -0500

> Are you satisfied that the phrase "such nondiscriminatory access" means
> "equivalent" access? Does Section 7.1(a)(vii) prevent Verisign from
> giving a particular registrar an advantage when registering new or
> deleting domain names?

I think the whole section is badly written.  The word "nondiscriminatory"
first appears in the last sentence of 7.1(a) before (i), and it really
belongs up in the first sentence.  It looks to have been sloppily cut and
pasted.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor