Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Voice Of Reason
Date/Time: Tue, June 20, 2000 at 1:53 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Facts

Did the pioneers who settled the West have No Preference?  Well, let's see.  They preferred land which was tillable, land near some type of watering hole.  They preferred certain locations over others to establish towns.  They preferred to venture into the West via wagon trains rather than alone.

BTW, there was only One Dodge City when it was founded.  There was only One Tombstone when it was founded, etc. etc. Get my drift?  The Pioneer's Choice was to stay and be a part of that section of the West.  Even there, the Pioneers competed with each other for Prime Property as these towns were being formed.  They did however serve as a Testbed for Future Developments.  These One/Solitary towns became the Basis for Many many more.  And, Duh, it worked out fine.  There were problems sure.  But, it All came out in the wash. 

I am sure Each Global Country has it's example of the North America's Old West.

Show me a Real Reason why .web should not be allowed to come on line in this Initial round.  So far, I have Not seen One, Not the First Reason which would support the .web being denied to come on line as is.

Sincerely,
VOR

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy