Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, June 24, 2000 at 11:19 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Dot .web company on hold---I can wait though...Not long however!

Again, I would just like to reinterate why dot web should be uploaded at the earliest possible date (1/1/01---the way it is looking)...MY REASON:  I would simply like to start a web business called www.Killer.web....I can't get out "there" until www.killer.web is recognized worldwide on the A servers...Technically the wait has perplexed me, however I do understand the complexities...however I would just like for ICANN to understand why those that have registered a dot web from IOD are coming from....Identity is everything on the net and I would like to begin branding my business name soon before the "big" companies in the name space gets so big, that no dot web company could even come close...I think were still in the infancy stage, however PLEASE understand that timing is everything...another year and the "entrenched" dot coms will almost certainly "own" the block--if not already(lock, stock and barrel)...I hope that the ICANN board takes this into account, and that for the good of the name space upload a worthy tld...I don't envy your task before you as you will be chastised if you go either way, however what should be put first is what is good for the "name space", not companies or big business...If big business continues to own the name space, dire consequences will occur....My prediction is that if new gTLD's are not given the go ahead (soon--by the end of the year---again I understand the complexities) the Amazons, AOL's, EBAY's will basically become ICANN (the currently ruling body of the DNS)...I don't say that lightly as I can see it happening already...Competition with these companies is an uphill battle...however a Killer.web could come along and maybe, just maybe, provide a thorn in their side.....Just like in the Dew commercial...Image is everything...well on the internet..the domain name is everything....With dot web's I predict more Competition price drops...more choice...Confusion will not happen as someone will have to type in the dot web...currently most browsers take you right to the dot com company if you just type in their name....That issue will be dealt with later...First things first...Let's get the new gTLD's rolled out...

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy