Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Tue, June 27, 2000 at 7:31 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Corporate Propaganda and your question.

Read the Intel propaganda posting by Anne Gundelfinger and you will see the corporate viewpoint. They are not at all interested that small businessman cannot get their company name (with .reg they can).
In my reply to it, I have highlighted most the problems except for one of the more major.

UDRP was not designed to be a fair process. Just give that pretence. As can be seen in practice, it gives unjust advantage to big business.

Incidently, I emailed that reply to Anne and Intel, to make sure that they got it.

.co.uk is not unfriendly - I have got a several including garryanderson.co.uk - NOT the dot COM. As I say in my protest site:

To conduct business they do not NEED dot com. To make the point, the author did not get his name dot com, but got the less prestigious dot CO dot UK instead. It is more important that customers can find and recognize you, than being Mr 'IGotThereFirst.COM'. MOST businesses cannot have the .COM they want, as for the several hundred Domino's. This ideal solution will give them ALL that name in the same TLD. This will enable consumers to easily find and identify them. It is something that cannot be faked, you will not come across sex sites and nobody could take your name. DOT REG would solve all these problems.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy