Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory Krajewski
Date/Time: Wed, July 5, 2000 at 12:14 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Hmmm...I like the idea...yet I disagree in principle

I applaud your wanting to evolve the DNS...I read over your ideas, and I would have been for it, however after reading Dr. Mueller's comments regarding "chartered" type domains, I am definitely against this type of set up..He basically feels that if we get pushed into a chartered type domain, the power that a registry would have would be unbelievable as then the company would basically be at the mercy to get their type of dot.bank "charter" domain..(as opposed to a unrestricted domain that could have universal appeal...Also if new TLD's do come out they will need this type of appeal to become successful...I really think the dot TV's will tank (dive)..

The idea I had can be found at this link..    http://magnaviewer.tripod.com/idea.html  My idea however only deals with accessing websites via a POS type device on print...I think voice TLD's is really going to be most definitely in our near future...The only problem with voice activated websites is we have so many languages and what about ACRONYMS.(the list goes on)...... So although I applaud your idea, as you are the first (I think) to propose evolving our DNS.... What we need to do is evolve our current system by creating competition in the domain space...Until this happens, we will be stuck in what I call a dot.com "rut" (mindset)...Meaning to be successful you need a dotcom.... This is my opinion and I think we would do a disservice if you we do not try and think of ways to evolve our system...I could be wrong in my assumptions, however I have them because they are the simpliest way to evolve the system...Where it does come up short is the TLD's do not address the Asian Character problem....Nonetheless, global companies are switching to an english based setup....I dreampt of where we are heading...it was only time before Asia was as close as our fingertips....then came the language barrier...and that will probably fall too, just as the borders did....My dream was a company Called "Pangea"...we were going to setup communication linkups to service global businesses....(This was 1986--I wish I would have stuck that dream out!!!)....Anyways, bravo for comments posting...How refreshing!!

Gregory Krajewski

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy