Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: prashanti
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 2:35 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.04 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: Justice...

>>>>>> "I've spent the better portion of this afternoon trying to figure out how ICANN could be brought to justice and I just don't see it happening. "

You could start by contacting some government agencies including the FTC, The Justice Department, the FCC...  If you really feel something is awry here, they might be interested in looking at the situation--especially in the light of possible trade and antitrust violations.  Getting these agencies' attention regarding these issues might ensure ICANN is fair and forthright in their assignments of TLDs.  I don't know what the procedure would be to file a complaint, or even if they can do anything until ICANN actually does something "wrong".  But you can call them, explain the situation, and ask for their advice and opinion.

The court of public opinion might also shine some light on the dealings here.  Issuing press releases to the major networks, news magazines, news shows, along with technology news organizations might lend the public scrutiny that is required here.  Just be ready to answer questions from the reporters when they contact you for more information, and be sure everything you tell them is thoughtful and 100% factual.  You don't want to come off as a disgruntled kook.

Regards,

K. Hollyday

Liberty & Justice For All!  :-)

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy