Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: joehowe
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 3:08 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: .Kids Content Policy Board

First, my name is Joe Howe and i currently work for .Kids Domains, Inc.  We are one of the applicants proposing a restricted, and sponsored TLD .kids.  Let it be known that I am not a policy maker within this organization.  I do however have some ideas to share with this message board and will now do so with this understanding.

In response to the previous posting that a non-profit organization should run the .kids registry due to an expert involvement regarding what is best for children, I believe that Kidsearch can still be involved with our application if they so desire.  Our application proposes an independent "Content Policy Board" that will oversee the "Guidelines for Content"

This board is independent of "The Business" and is funded independently also.  The Content Policy Board Members hold seats on our board of directors while business board members may not be allowed to influence the Content Policy Board.  I encourage you to read our application and to get involved.

With Registration funds going to both childrens charities, auctions of top names registrations to annually go to children's charities, and an independently funded "Content Policy Board" I think that our application meets most of the requirements that you are looking to fill in order to protect children online.  Perhaps your organization would like to have a member serve on our "Content Policy Board" or be involved in some other faction.

That's my take with no implications meant nor bad will intended if read so.

Joe Howe

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy