Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Watchdog
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 7:29 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Your offer is welcome

I hope you understand my concerns here and the reason I am so vocal on this issue. I know many parents who have and are going through the ordeal of having a missing child. Our organization has recovered 17 children through active participation in the searches and with the families. We don't just post a website with some pictures on it. We are currently involved in creating a truly global alert system for reporting a missing child. Many countries have already agreed to the plan.

We are aware of the technical needs of such a venture is my point. I would be happy to apply to serve on such a board and ask how are the other members being chosen?

Each should have an expertise in a particular field. Mine is in knowing the lures and methods used by child predators on the Internet. Some others that should be there are experts in other issues involving children such as a child psycologist. There are others but don't want to drag out the post too long.

Besides content, the issue of the gathering of data on children for demographic purposes needs to be examined. Not only so it complys with COPPA, but that it goes beyond that.

The info that web based businesses want to gather on children is the same exact info child predators want. If they can get into a database it's easier than asking a child for it while posing as another kid in a chat room.

There was a case here in California where the child murderer got his info because he worked for social security. So getting a job where this info is available would be even easier on the web.

That's all I have to say here. But will email you for an application as well as more info about your company. I appreciate that you have addressed the issue and that you have responded to my concerns.

Chris McElroy
KIDSEARCH       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy