Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: joehowe
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 3:28 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN!!! KIDS SHOULD BE GRANTED NOW!!

First, my name is Joe Howe and i currently work for .Kids Domains, Inc.  We are one of the applicants proposing a restricted, and sponsored TLD .kids.  Let it be known that I am not a policy maker within this organization.  I do however have some ideas to share with this message board and will now do so with this understanding.

Regardless of which application is accepted(obviously I want ours to be approved),  I would like ICANN to look at the opportunity it has here to set aside a "greenspace" for kids.  Although the staff report showed that .Kids Domains, Inc. has the best chance of implementing our policies at this time the staff didn't recommend an approval of a .kids domain for any of the applications.

My opinion is that ICANN should grant approval for a "greenspace" at this time and allow a safe environment for parents, children, and those businesses interested in marketing specifically to children.  I feel that the .Kids Domains Inc. application provides for the exact accountability that interested parties for this "greenspace" would be interested in and agree to.  The ICANN staff does not.

I ask the ICANN voters and board members to grant this TLD.

To those that make the decisions as to which application gains approval to move into the next level of negotiation, I ask that you approve .Kids Domains, Inc. application for the TLD .kids and allow the interested parties for this space(CHILDREN) to have this space.

That's my take with no implications meant nor bad will intended if read so.

Joe Howe

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy