Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Watchdog
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 7:04 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Think about this

Who is it in your company that has any experience with child safety? Who is it on your staff that has any experience in how child predators lure children through the Internet? Who on your staff has a program in place to keep websites from gathering any info on any children, even for demographics purposes? 

I find it distressing that both ICANN and the companies applying have put Technical Expertise and Financial Balances over the Issue of actually keeping children safe on the web.

Nowhere did you or were you asked to state how you would accomplish this task. ICANN did at least include a mention of the subject and wondered what qualified you to choose the content.

I have yet to see your company's reply to that nor have I seen any others replies or even concerns about the real issue here. It's not your profit margin I'm concerned about. It's not your technical capabilities either. Those should be considered AFTER the issue of how you plan to handle the content and the rules on gathering information on children.

Chris McElroy
KIDSEARCH     

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy