Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cambler
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 11:03 PM GMT (Sat, November 11, 2000 at 3:03 PM PST)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: A book?

Actually, I was approached to write a book about my experiences over the past 5 years, and turned the offer down - who has time?!

You're right though. It makes no sense to me how we could be criticized for running the registry for four years and have our ability to scale questioned, while Afilias, who has absolutely no infrastructure at all, gets a glowing recommendation.

It really flies in the face of logic. I invite you to read our application's technical section, and then read Afilias's technical section. Just about all of our performance numbers are within 5% of each other! In most cases, our performance numbers exceed theirs! Yet we're called inadequate, and they're praised?

Can anyone explain this to me?

We were ready to give ICANN a tour of our facilities and demonstrate the scaling abilities first-hand, but then ICANN cancelled the consultation period and we were never given a chance.

The criticisms made against us are not backed-up by any objective facts. The reviewers seem to simply say, "we don't think they can scale," even though we've already shown that we can.

Where is the document produced by Arthur Anderson? Where is the document produced by the technical reviewers?

Christopher Ambler

Christopher Ambler
CTO, Image Online Design, Inc.
The .Web Internet Domain Registry
http://webtld.com

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy