Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: wiredz
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 11:40 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ERIC WHITE (Mutley) EXPOSED

>Mr Kang, you make strong arguments for Afilias - most often by >attacking Image Online.
>However, you have stated here your reasons quite clearly.
>You desire three .web sites.
>my.web, host.web and portal.web

So what? .Web is still unregistered as it is not even in the A.root-servers.net. As I mentioned in the now closed previous TLD Public comment forum, the ORSC is not recognized in the eyes of courts.

>Unfortunately they are already registered at IOD.

Yes, but they aren't registered in the eyes of ICANN or courts since the TLD .Web itself isn't registered.

>Mark Brittan registered My.web and Host.web three or four years ago >and Eirc White registered portal.web (I don't know when).
>Undetered you have claimed the trademarks for these sites although >they do not appear to be registered trademarks.

my.web, host.web, and portal.web are registered trademarks of Kang Communications Berhad and registered with the Malaysia Registrar of Trademarks (ROT).

Just use that little brain of yours to think - Why should I use the USPTO when I am not even a US citizen?

>It is an unfortunate parody that the IOD CORE case is going to
>appeal.
>If IOD wins then they have rights to .web and you lose and if IOD
>loses then the president is set that your trademarks are invalid and
>you still lose.

So what if IOD v CORE case is under appeal? I did some research and believe chances IOD will win is 0.000001%, but chances CORE will win is 99.999999%

Also, I can always use the UDRP to get back my.web, host.web, and portal.web, if IOD gets .Web. So, you see its not hard but I just have fork out some money which I don't like, which is why I hope ICANN will delegate .Web to Afilias so all of us trademark owners can register our brand names through the Sunrise period.

>This is most likely the reason for the  public assaults on IOD, Mr
>Ambler and Mr Brittan.
>I don't blame you. You are in a similar boat to many of us - just >trying to claim a small attractive patch of internet-land.

But you keep forgeting one very important thing - .Web Top level domain is unregistered. So it is still brand new with 0 names registered. The judge in the IOD v CORE case holds all registrations taken by IOD as pre-registrations.

>You are entirely mis-lead though with your sunrise period plan.

>Your domains will be registered with Afilias before you ever have a >hope of getting them - just because they are too good.

As I mentioned above, my company Kang Communications Berhad owns the registered trademarks - my.web, host.web, and portal.web which were registered with Malaysia Registrar of Trademarks (ROT). So, I can enjoy the Sunrise period offered by Afilias.

>I doubt if there will be any one or two letter word domains left at
>all after 60 days. There are very few one or two letter trademarks
>though!

But dear Eric White (aka Mutley), do you really think your portal.web will be yours? No way. I will take it away from you during the Sunrise period once ICANN grants Afilias the .WEB TLD.

>If you work for Afilias and you want the domain a.web or my.web are
>you really likely to finish work on day 60 and then wait and see if
>its still available by the time you get home from work???
>Throughout the two pulic forums you have been openly abusive to IOD
>regarding their application to .web.

So? I cannot bear incompetent companies like IOD to be given popular TLDs like .Web. Afilias promotes stability, competition, and diversity so it should get .Web. Period.

>I agree with you that at this stage the issue of whether IANA gave
>permission to IOD is redundent.

Thank you, Eric for agreeing with me that IANA never gave IOD any permission.

>The fact is that for some reason a company set itself up in full
>public view and began registering domains just as others had done
>before it and it happened to coincide with the explosion of the
>internet. Suddenly the territory they had claimed went up in value
>and it has taken a multi billion dollar conglomeration to challenge
>it - and even then they make public provision to run one of two
>alternatives.

Anybody, and any company can accept and take pre-registrations for any unregistered TLD, including .Web. IOD and Afilias are therefore equal in all cases, and obviously since IOD's application is poor, I believe ICANN will grant .Web to Afilias.

>Don't pretend that the IOD application is poor - it is not.

Eric, it is you who should stop pretending that IOD's application is superior. Even ICANN agrees that IOD's application sucks.

>Don't pretend that one company running the whole net promotes
>competition - it does not.

Afilias cannot be owned by any single company. It is something like CORE - both Afilias and CORE are association of registrars, therefore Afilias and CORE promote competition. IOD on the other hand promotes monopoly, so that is why I hope ICANN grants .Web to Afilias.

>Be honest - admit that you missed out with IOD and either choose
>another domain (1host, host1, the-host etc are all available at IOD).

Why should I chose another domain, Eric? I will stick to my.web, host.web, and portal.web as I am confident that ICANN will grant .Web to Afilias. Period.

>Remember only 20000 domains have gone. I read that Afilias have made
>provision to register 2000 domains per second! You will be excluded
>for the first 60 days (- thats over five million seconds).

I am a trademark holder, so Afilias Sunrise period applies to me. If you think you will get portal.web, you are very mistaken, Eric because on day 1, my.web, host.web, and portal.web will be mine.

>Failing that contact Mark Brittan. I don't know him but I saw his
>web site after it was posted in the last forum.
>He runs some sort of web-share public service company - you could
>probably get the email address or web pages that you wanted anyway.

I don't care of Mark Brittan nor do I want his email address. Since ICANN has stated in its report that IOD's application is poor and has no merits to operate any registry, including .Web, I am confident that ICANN will grant .Web to Afilias.

>Jealousy is as unattractive as it is unecessary.

Eric, soon once ICANN grants .Web to Afilias, I will be using the Sunrise period to secure my.web, host.web, and portal.web.

--Eugene Kang

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy