Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Ray
Date/Time: Tue, November 14, 2000 at 4:37 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: Benefits of Diebold are obvious

Diebold, Inc. can bring a level a technological infrastructure and competency to the DNS that is overwhelming.  Diebold specializes in security and has a well-earned reputation of integrity.

The ICANN has the opportunity to admit Diebold into this space where it can then apply its vast resources to the improvment and advancement of the DNS.  As a member of the internet community that would benefit from such DNS advancement, I am certainly hopeful that the ICANN realizes the technological depth of this applicant.

Diebold has applied for TLD's that do not in any way conflict with any other application.  It appears that Diebold is dilligently and promptly addressing ICANN 'concerns' specific to the application. 

Awarding Diebold .cash or .secure offers more potential benefits to the internet community than would freezing out a company such as this.  The latter would be a missed opportunity on the part of the ICANN.  I, for one, would like to see what Diebold can accomplish in this space.  I am hopeful that such an opportunity is not one that gets passed by.

Ray Fassett

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy