Return to wgc Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: friedrich
Date/Time: Wed, April 12, 2000 at 6:18 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: Don't get hysteric about new gTld's, please -  Name.space is not much better than CORE

Name.space is offering the possibility to vote for the names of new gtld's. It is not offering any possibility to vote against new gtld's. Therefore the results they get are not so helpful as it seems.

Secondly, I was able to vote several times: It was very easy.
This makes the results even more useless.

Thirdly, they offer registration services for .web.

I think, that it is fascinating how everybody now offers registration services for .web, although those registrars knew and know very well, that IOD is registering .web since 1996.

This creates a major problem:

CORE and name.space seem to make (quite a lot of) money with people, who do not know, that there already exists a .web registrar (IOD) and, that this registrar is the only one having a certain kind of legitimacy in registering .web names.

The confusion existing now concerning .web registrations has been voluntarily caused by people like CORE and name.space. Don't tell me they did not know IOD'e webtld.com!

I do not know, why anybody should be grateful to CORE or name.space for creating all that confusion and hysteria concerning new gtld's. Instead I think they should be punished for their behaviour and forced to paying back people their money concerning .web registrations.

Thank you for your time.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy