- To: "'wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx'" <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [wildcard-comments] Comment
- From: Daniel Cotts <dcotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:42:00 -0500
- Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
It would seem that if VeriSign's change has adversely affected the stability
of the Internet (as some state) then the issue becomes one of "National
Security". If so, The Department of Homeland Security has the ability to
strongly influence VeriSign to comply with the wishes of ICANN. I am
thinking of court orders and severe penalties for delay.
If you want to invite that tiger into your home is another issue.