ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Objections to Verisign putting a wildcard on .com and .net

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Objections to Verisign putting a wildcard on .com and .net
  • From: sytse <sytse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 01:40:12 +0200
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Dear ICANN,

Despite all other misgivings about Verisign's actions, which I personally
consider to be ill-considered and opportunistic, I wish to add the following:

A change to the DNS of this magnitude should have been communicated
beforehand. As is stands now, Verisign have caused considerable upheaval,
causing countless hours of productivity to be lost. In the company I work
for, at least ten people have been working full time for the last two weeks
to try to find out what was happening, if our domains had been hijacked, if
we could or should take corrective measures, if systems had been hacked, etc.

This kind of behaviour by Verisign is, even if only for this reason,
unacceptable.

Kind regards,
Sytse van Slooten.