ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Wildcard

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Wildcard
  • From: "Lance Ladd" <lladd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:39:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

    I would rather see the old familiar "page cannot be displayed" notice when mistyping a domain name (as I often do). The problem with Wildcard is that it changes what was already typed in the address bar of IE when it re-directs and instead of doing a simple edit on the mistyped word(s), the easiest way now is to clear the address and type the whole thing over again - kind of like a throwback to the old DOS interface.

        Sincerely,

            Lance E. Ladd