ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Wildcard Comments

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Wildcard Comments
  • From: Damaged Industries <damaged@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:27:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

They did not comply with ICANNs request because they want to milk it for
as long as they get away with it.

They need to be forced to stop. Not forcing them to stop might send the
message that everyone is making a little money out of this and maybe some
non-profit organizatioins aren't so "non-profit"....

This is barely different from wiretapping. Plain and simple.

I have read, signed and agreed with the following petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/badnsi/petition.html

As cert providers they have shown themselves to be untrustworthy, we will
use another cert provider, we simply cannot trust verisign not to make
some kind of wildcard cert next, even if they reverse this, the damage to
their reputation is tarnished.

You turn your backs on us, we will do same to you.

And harvesting emails (they deny it but they would never admit it would
they?) to sell to spammers is boarderline criminal.

Go away Verisign.

 -- damaged