ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] I hereby protest Network Solutions wildcard insertion

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] I hereby protest Network Solutions wildcard insertion
  • From: "(Phil)" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:45:35 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

For a network troubleshooting standpoint alone, allowing Network Solutions to engage in yet more anti-competitive behavior is disgraceful, and is not in the "spirit" of the principle of "openeness" that the internet was built on.

I hereby protest this action, and enter my personal view that this should not be permitted.

If this is allowed, I intend to support any means to quash this, including support of an alternate root-server structure that prevents Network Solutions from doing this.

I will do whatever I can to block this on all my networks and all those of my customers.

-Phil
Phil Sadow
Network Engineer
Ingineerix, Inc.