ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Verisign Tactics

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Verisign Tactics
  • From: Peter Gant <pmgant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:09:22 +0200
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Dear SIrs

Whilst I realise that you will probably be hearing from a lot of people regarding the tactics of Verisign I would just like to add my voice to the clamour asking them to stop their hijacking of the .com and .net TLDs. What Verisign is doing is wrong, plain and simple, and when one considers this with some of their past tactics such as sending out false domain renewals I fail to see why they should be trusted with their task.

Enough is enough. Please remove control of the .com and .net THDs from Verisign and hand them over to an organisation (preferably none profit) who can administer these services without pampering to the needs of the almighty dollar.

Regards

Peter M Gant CEng MIEE