ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] No public good provided, just self-serving greed

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] No public good provided, just self-serving greed
  • From: "Robert M. Enger" <enger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:36:39 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

In the Verisign response they claim,
"All indications are that users, important members of the internet community we all serve, are benefiting from the improved web navigation offered by Site Finder."

No public service is being provided.
The "service" is completely self-serving to Verisign.

Frequently in today's society, we are powerless to undo corporate excess.
In this case, the public may have an opportunity to achieve redress.

I urge ICANN, and all other organizations empowered with oversight
to  EUTHANIZE  Verisign.  They are not, and have never been good
stewards of the responsibility vested in them.

My only reservation concerning the above recommendation is
that depending on the manner of disposal of the remains,
we may pollute the ground water or the atmosphere.
The senior management of Verisign is that toxic.   Dispose of carefully.