ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Class Action Against Verisign

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Class Action Against Verisign
  • From: Class Action Against Verisign <classactionagainstverisign@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:25:46 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

VeriSign has long held a monopoly and significant advantage over every other registrar and indeed every other entity that has any interest in the Internet including countries and businesses. This monopoly and advantage was started vis a vis the United States' National Science Foundation funding. This most recent action should be taken as a warning of how VeriSign will proceed and as a sign of how VeriSign has become the world's leader in mistrust.

However, VeriSign's SiteFinder should be construed only as a competitor to Microsoft Internet Explorer's long standing action of redirecting malformed and non-existent domain names to search.msn.com.

It is only a matter of time before a company or country will invent their own top level domain. Imagine .nabisco or .france.

We, the users and developers of the Internet, should stop supporting ICANN, Microsoft, and VeriSign and hit them where it hurts with both a boycott of their services and products as well as filing class action suits against them for their deceptive practices.

Blah, blah, blah. Enough talk. Is their an attorney brave enough to challenge any of these three entities? If so, write me at PO Box 6127, Santa Barbara, CA 93160 and I will personally develop whatever site is needed to proceed, free of charge.

Michele Guidoni