ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Now I can't just correct my typo

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Now I can't just correct my typo
  • From: Bob Seeman <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:21:40 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

With the old error message, what you misstyped into the browser remains
there in the URL line for you to correct. Therefore, it was usually just a
small edit that was needed to resubmit the webpage request.

Now, with Verisign's 'Service', what you typed in is removed and you have to
retype the entire domain. But maybe that's the point. Verisign wants to make
it more difficult for you to get where you were thinking of going so you
will just take the easy route and click one of their advertising links.

Bob Seeman