ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Stop verisign!

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Stop verisign!
  • From: "Patrick L" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:08:11 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

I refuse that all email sent to a wrong adress goes to a commercial company.
It is like you call you mother on the phone, do a mistake in the number and get automaticaly a marketing person trying to sale you products.

I refuse to fall on a web site i dont want to go but get there automaticaly because i did a mistake. I refuse their User Agrement that i supposely accept automaticaly as soon as i get on www.sitefinder.com !

I cannot conceive that you let a company rule Internet like that. If they want to promote there banner and do some money with this, they can create a toolbar stuff like that, but changing the DNS protocol itself, just to increase profit of this company, this is just wrong.

I ask you to terminate the sitefinder service now!