ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Verisign and business: a comment on the implicaitons of dns widlcards

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Verisign and business: a comment on the implicaitons of dns widlcards
  • From: "Anthony E. Millar" <Tony.Millar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:10:29 +1000
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Title: Message

The recent change to the way Verisign handles domain widlcards, and the way these were introduced without notice to the wider internet community is viewed with deep concern by our company. This change will impact upon spam filtering software that we had planned to implement throughout our network.

Frankly, we find such behaviour totally reprehensible. Verisign's actions in this regard will win it no friends in the wider internet community and it smacks of the worst kind of monopolistic behaviour that totally disregards the legitimate needs of end users.

Insofar as our company is concerned, it means that we have forthwith cancelled all plans to implement a SSL service from Verisign, opting to use the services of a smaller and less monopolistic organisation instead.

Tony Millar
CEO
ezeADZ Canberra ACT AUSTRALIA

The internet's fastest growing classified advertising service
PO Box 2690 Tuggeranong ACT 2900 Australia
Phone +61-2-6296-4006 Fax +61-2-6231-9486 Mobile (0421) 785 794
Email: admin@xxxxxxxxxx Website: http://www.ezeadz.com

GIF image