ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Post No Bills

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Post No Bills
  • From: "Nick Staff" <Nick.Staff@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 16:48:52 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Just because a domain is unregistered doesn't mean it's owned by Verisign.
They have no more right to
affiliate themselves with unregistered domains than Ticketmaster has to use the
tickets that aren't sold.
Verisign is a broker, a registrar, not an owner.  However if they don't mind
paying a registration fee
for every variation of every non-existent domain name that is resolved to their
search page, well then...;)

Nick Staff

...if I dial a wrong number I don't get the PHONE COMPANY.  I don't get a sales
rep asking me if I'd
like to put a second phone line in my house that uses the wrong number I just
dialed.....