ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] 3 Succinct Descriptions of VeriSign Arrogance

  • To: <wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] 3 Succinct Descriptions of VeriSign Arrogance
  • From: "Brandon Lovested" <brando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:33:07 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern --

In consideration of VeriSign's hijacking of DNS by its Wildcard "Service," briefly:

1. VeriSign took unilateral action, without consultation of affected parties. This is IRRESPONSIBLE.

2. The reasoning behind this action is self-promotion, which abuses the trust ICANN, and by extension the public, has given them. This is GREED.

3. This action sets a dangerous precedent of replacing useful error information with blatant and useless advertising. As a user, this tells me of a mistake I made, which I can take steps to fix myself... keeping the session under my control. VeriSign removes my control. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

I ask for proceedings against VeriSign to determine sanctions and possible removal of their concession.

::Brandon Lovested
  - A "Relevant" Public User that is livid by VeriSign's Arrogance.