ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[wildcard-comments]

[wildcard-comments] Comment on Verisign's SiteFinder wildcard service

  • To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [wildcard-comments] Comment on Verisign's SiteFinder wildcard service
  • From: Dan Shick <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:53:57 -0700
  • Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Hello ICANN,

I and every clear-thinking person I know are wondering why you aren't
using all the authority you possess to prohibit such flagrant misuse of a
public resource, the Internet, on the part of Verisign, specifically to
indicate you will withdraw permission for Verisign to handle .com and .net
if they do not keep SiteFinder off.

If you decide on quick and decisive action, as opposed to the
wishy-washy-seeming action you have taken so far, you will be setting a
needed precedent for the role of ICANN in things Internet.

No offense meant by this email -- it is motivated by genuine curiosity and
concern.  Thanks for existing.

--
Dan

if you love a process, kill -HUP it.  if it respawns, it is yours
forever.  if it dies, let it go -- it was never yours to begin with.
it belongs to the earth and the sea.   if it doesn't die, truss it.