[wildcard-comments] Truly Astonishing Breach of Public Trust
- To: wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [wildcard-comments] Truly Astonishing Breach of Public Trust
- From: "T.J. Crowder" <tjcrowder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:16:07 -0800 (PST)
- Sender: owner-wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
At your upcoming meeting in Rome, please as your first
action stop Verisign's land-grab of unregistered
domain names -- their "wildcard DNS" -- and
universally condemn such a blatant breach of the
There is one, and only one, acceptable response to a
query that does not resolve to a valid domain: An
error response indicating that the domain did not
resolve. Period. That's it. Anything else is quite
simply a hijacking of the DNS system.
Secondly, find a replacement for Verisign as soon as
Do you Yahoo!?
New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing.