IMPORTANT RUSH QUESTION PLEASE

IMPORTANT RUSH QUESTION:

	We received correspondence from a company called e-nic, with forms made to
look like those from internic (network solutions), stating that there will
now be another domain arena opening up with a .cc extension, which will be
in place of .com extensions.  They are saying that if we don't register our
domain name with them to work under a .cc extension, all the same domain
names (i.e. "legalvideo.com" and the others that we have) will be now
available on the open market for anyone to take (using it as, in our case,
"legalvideo.cc" or "legalvideo.xx").

	What is known about this, and what is the future prediction regarding many
more extensions eventually opening up for private companies to have, which
may truly only be a re-direction route to the users private page address.
In other words, will (or can) there be a whole new slew of private
re-routers cropping up to market these new extensions using the same domain
names?  If so, is there some regulated limit?  If not, how soon is such a
"free-for-all" predicted to take place or become popular?  More
specifically and importantly, what would a prediction be on the public
being influenced to follow these other extensions for popular domain names,
as opposed to .com?  (Understandably, this is not necessarily something
that may be easily known offhand, but we'd like to know the "best guess"
based upon calculated assessments.)

	PLEASE ADVISE WITH AN AUTHORITATIVE ANSWERS ASAP!!!  Thank you very much.

	Les Pock
	vidguy@nkn.net