A New Beginning

Members of the IFWP Steering Committee:

The Internet community has expressed concern
at the closed and limited nature of the current
negotiations occurring between the IANA and NSI,
especially given comments that no further input
will be required from the IFWP participants.

They feel that the legitimate consensus points
found through the IFWP process will not be used
in the establishment of the New Corp.  I must
say that I share their concerns.

Some of these members have decided to meet in
Boston on the 19th of September as originally
planned.  I would like to suggest the following:

-	That the Steering Committee immediately change
	the mission of the IFWP to include organizing
	activities designed to foster the implementation
	of the IFWP consensus points in the New Corp.

-	That the Steering Committee immediately sanction
	the pending event under our new mission, and that
	it begin planning an effective campaign to see
	this process through to conclusion.

Regards,

Jay Fenello
President, Iperdome, Inc.
404-250-3242  http://www.iperdome.com

 ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs.  October 26-28, 1998, Atlanta, GA.
 Three days of clues, news, and views from the industry's best and
 brightest. http://www.ispf.com/ for information and registration.