RE: Better Safe, than Sorry! (was: It's been a pleasure)

I agree that an effort to create a complete new competing draft is not
appropriate, as it is clear from signals I see that vry serious erforts are
underway to do just that among the key contesting parties.  Unless we are
involved in those  discussions, we can only succeed in wandering in the
weeds.

Also, I beliee that we have already ariculated what we find wrong with the
IANA draft, so that repeating all that again will also not be very useful.
I think that the parties trying to draft up a satisfactory resolution are
cleary aware that if they fail to satisfy the great mass of consusnsus and
discussion vectors or the IFWP process and its predecessors on numerous
mailing lists, that it will be hell to pay.  Such a failure will simply
lead to a huge eruption of the community and a reset-restart will follow.

So, I suspect that at this time, just making sure that they know that we
know that they know that they are under the gun to produce a consensus
result i he best that we can do.  If any of the three listed "knowings"
fails, they might think they can get by without satisfying the community
consensus.

Cheers...\Stef