Re: [ifwp] Re: A New Beginning

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Dave Crocker wrote:

> In this case, I quoted only the beginning of your sentence because that
> sentence fragment is patently incorrect.  The IFWP never promised any such
> thing.  Pure and simple.

The IFWP is not a person and cannot speak.  If I say "this new day
promises to bring us an end to strife", it doesn't mean that the day
stood up and spoke.

To most of us, the IFWP promised an end to the DNS wars.

> >process gave us hope that the problem of how to provide a legal basis
> >for the IANA could be solved through open processes instead of deals
> >done behind closed doors.
>
> ahhhh.  hope.  yes, indeed it did, and it accomplished its portion of
> satisfying that hope quite nicely.

The IFWP process gave us hope.  The abrupt transition to private meetings
behind closed doors has extinguished that hope.

--
Jim Dixon                                                 Managing Director
VBCnet GB Ltd                http://www.vbc.net        tel +44 117 929 1316