Re: newIANA (was Fram behind closed doors via opaque channels)

Masataka,

my impression is that the WP was pretty open about the
leadership/oversight of the new IANA and only recommended
that the organization be incorporated in the US.

Is the site of incorporation an issue in your view?

At 07:27 AM 7/12/98 +0900, Masataka Ohta wrote:
>Vint;
>
>> I hope it will prove possible for us to step back from
>> the temptation, often so hard to resist, to engage in
>> ad hominem ("personal" for the latin-impaired) exchanges
>> and to focus our collective energy on the very important
>> effort to achieve rough consensus on the new IANA
>> organization.
>
>Agreed.
>
>But, I think meetings called for "the WP" is just closed private
>meetings of people who happened to be interested in a private
>opinion of USG that we should have "a US local IANA corporation"
>and are not a part of the open discussion on "the new IANA
>organization", which is not "a US local IANA corporation".
>
>						Masataka Ohta

If you are using any email address other than vcerf@mci.net,
please change your address book to use that address exclusively.

See you at INET'98, Geneva 21-24,July 98 http://www.isoc.org/inet98/

http://www.mci.com/aboutyou/interests/technology/ontech/cerf.shtml