Re: Richard, you shouldn't have (was Apology is called for)

Spencer and all,

Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> Jeff, think of it as a correction of factual error on a list that is
> supposed to have SOME technical content.

 LOL!  Good point!  >;)

> Th alternative is to have factual errors stand, as long as they demean the
> right people.

  Well Dave Crocker and company are good at doing and insisting on this.

> I note that in
> http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-odell-code-of-conduct-02.txt,
> the following text appears:
>
>    (5c) An IETF Member apologizes appropriately in private or in public
>       for any offense caused to other members.
>
> I know it's only an Internet-Draft, but does that make it WRONG?

  The draft is not wrong in anyway.  But Richard needing to apologize
to Dave, was neither called for not should he have done it MY opinion.
Richard did apologize and that is his choice, of course.

> Spencer

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.