Re: Tired of Waiting

At 05:09 AM 7/15/98 +0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
>At 08:04 AM 7/14/98 -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>>Sometimes I feel you need to be drop-kicked. Chris was there, you were not,
>>and I told the story as Chris Ambler told it repeatedly in OPEN-RSC. Chris
>>is credible AFAICT, even though he works for the "evil empire" now <grin>.
>
>Roeland, one of the reason that we have judges is that people's perceptions
>often differ.
>
>Please note that your drop-kicking continues not to not respond to any of
>the factual points I raised.

That is because this digression of your, which you've escalated by bringing
in Perry, IS NOT ABOUT THE COURT CASE! It's about the fact, seemingly
over-looked, and which you and IAHC seem to want to distract folks from,
that IANA HAD a process for registering TLDs, and the first time someone
tries to use it there is a policy change disallowing new TLD registrations.
Now how do you relate this to the IAHC? All I said was that IAHC/CORE
decided, after the fact, that WEB is "too cool" and took it for themselves.
That does NOT change the fact that the goal-posts WERE MOVED!

I don't appreciate your trying to de-rail this, IMHO, very important point
with your irrelevent FUD about the court case and whether or not IOD had a
contract with IANA or not. That doesn't change the point one iota! If
anything, the fact that IOD did NOT get a contract with IANA indicates
something seriously wrong at the time. I ain't gonna let your chaff
distract from this point again.

Sometimes I like you a lot, and other times I want to drop-kick you. You're
a friustrating man. I'm sure you think the same of me. For those unfamiliar
with the past six months, I've defended Dave as much as we've argued. Don't
let the appearance of flames fool you. Dave, I'll have you remember that too.
Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com>rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
SecureMail from MHSC.NET is coming soon!